Jobs at West Meads Surgery
GP Opportunity (4 – 8 Sessions)
Closing date 31st March 2024
Come and join our dynamic and friendly team of healthcare professionals as a GP in our wonderful Practice! With a strong focus on patient care and an innovative approach to medicine, our surgery offers a unique and fulfilling work environment for the right candidate. From ongoing professional development opportunities to a supportive and collaborative team culture, there’s never been a better time to join us and make a real difference in the lives of our patients. Apply now to be part of something special!
Main Duties Of The Job
Our approach to our work is to aim for good work life balance and a good team spirit, and to encourage clinicians to develop specialist interests as part of their workload. We promote lifestyle management where possible as part of our approach to supporting patients to achieve optimal metabolic health and run collaborative low carb groups for diabetic and pre- diabetic patients. The new GP should be forward thinking and embrace the use of modern technology.
The following are the core responsibilities of the General Practitioner. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Perform clinical examinations of patients to assess, diagnose and monitor conditions
- Carry out patient consultations at home and within the surgery
- Monitor patients’ conditions and wellbeing
- Carry out clinical examinations
- Diagnose and treat various illnesses/ailments
- Carry out minor surgery where required
Liaise with other healthcare professionals (e.g., midwives, pharmacists, health visitors and psychiatrists etc) as part of multidisciplinary
Our thriving, semi-rural GMS practice comprises of a GP partner & one Paramedic partner, five salaried GPs, a further two paramedics, one ANP and a highly skilled nursing team. All supported by an amazing non-clinical team. We are lucky to have an experienced first contact practitioners in mental health and MSK as well as pharmacist/pharmacy technician, health & wellbeing coach and a GP assistant. Having a diverse supporting clinical team then ensures your time is protected to enable you to be as productive as possible, giving you the appropriate time needed with each patient.
The surgery is set close to the sea and just a few minutes’ drive from the gorgeous South Downs National Park. The local area is surrounded by many opportunities for outdoor activities, whilst remaining close to more developed areas such as Brighton and Portsmouth.
We provide quality care to over 7650 patients and use SystmOne clinical system. We are also a teaching practice for GP Registrars and medical students. The 2022 CQC Report rates the practice as Good.
We recognise the importance of our team’s health & wellbeing and look to support our team with regular stretch/walk/educational breaks that have been scheduled into our clinical rotas.
Other benefits include:
- Indemnity paid in addition to salary
- Staff suggestion box
- 6 weeks annual leave + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Onsite free parking
- NHS Pension enrolment
- Weekly fresh fruit basket
- An accommodating dog policy
- 10-minute or 15-minute consultations
- Share of home visits
- Able to manage acute presentations
- Able to manage chronic conditions
- Able to order appropriate investigations (bloods/radiology).
- Able to refer appropriately to secondary care or organise emergency admissions.
- Share of admin: clinical letters which require actioning/filing.
- Able to file pathology results
- Able to see all age groups
- No restrictions on prescribing
- Able to deal with mental health presentation
- Taking medical histories and conducting physical examinations
- Prescribing medications and ordering laboratory tests
- Referring patients to specialists for further treatment, when necessary
- Providing health advice, including lifestyle and dietary recommendations
- Monitoring and managing patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease
For an informal chat please contact Dr Lynne Kirkwood (GP Partner) or send your CV to Adrian Dutton, Practice Business & Strategy Manager.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.