I need a sick certificate for my employer

If you have been (or expect to be) off work for less than seven days then you can self-certify using an SC2 (or SC1 if you are self employed). Your employer will probably have a supply of them, but you can collect one from the surgery to complete yourself. If your employer requires a doctor’s sick note then we will have to charge you for it.

If your illness will last seven days or more you will need to make an appointment to see a doctor for a MED3 (sick certificate) form.

I think I’m ill and might need antibiotics

Most illnesses (especially sore throats, colds, coughs etc.) are viral and antibiotics won’t help (but will cause side effects like thrush and diarrhoea). For more information and self-care advice we recommend NHS direct or patient.co.uk. Also try our suggestions from “I’m Unwell”. We are, of course, happy to see you if you want to make an appointment, but you may find self-care advice will save you a trip!

I need a district nurse

District nurses provide nursing care for the housebound. Contact them on 0845 092 0414 or via reception.

I need to have some stitches taken out

Please make an appointment with one of the practice nurses (unless you are housebound – in which case contact the district nurse).

I want to know the results of my tests

Blood test and results are usually back with us in 2-3 days and microbiology tests in 3-5 days. The results of X-rays and other tests at hospital need to be typed up and posted to us: this can take up to 2 weeks. Please contact reception to see if the result is ready and arrange a convenient time for your doctor to contact you. Reception staff are not allowed to discuss results over the telephone.

Contact Details

Tel: 01243 837980
Fax: 01243 837982